Frequently Asked Questions
Tell me about Paulson’s.
- Paulson’s Audio & Video has been a part of the Metro Detroit community since 1992. Ken Paulson started the business, and over the years his sons Kris & Dan have joined the company. Collectively they have grown to be the most knowledgeable & caring custom electronics dealer in S.E. Michigan. Today, we carry home audio and video, smart home and networking products, and are proud to educate, sell, design, install and service these systems in house. The Paulson family has continued to be active in the local community, living by the philosophy, “Take care of people, & they will take care of you.”
Where is Paulson’s located?
- We are located in the Halsted Village plaza at 12 Mile and Halsted in Farmington Hills. We are in the strip mall between Antonio’s Italian Cucina and Thai Basil restaurants.
What are your hours?
- We are open Monday through Saturday from 10am-5pm, excluding holidays.
What is the best way to contact Paulson’s?
- We have a variety of avenues to get in touch with us!
- Call us at 248-553-4100 during business hours or leave us a message after hours, which we will return the next business day.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Fill out our contact form on our website.
- Stop into our showroom during business hours; our address is 37670 W. 12 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48331.
How do your prices compare with other retailers?
- We pride ourselves on bringing quality products with diverse features and price points to our clients. When it comes to TVs, we always beat the big box stores and online giants – and with better service, too.
We have a second home in another part of Michigan or out of state. Do you work outside of S.E. Michigan?
- We do travel for some projects and work with clients in other areas. This is on a case by case basis, depending on product availability, scheduling, staffing and logistical considerations.
Is there a way for me to price out a project online?
- We offer a Project Planning Tool on our website that will allow you to build a project and ballpark the cost. This information can be emailed to you, and if you choose, to our team, for follow up and further discussion. Please note, this tool is not providing a quote; it is a starting point only.
SHOP YOUR WAY
Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates in any denomination.
What payment options do you offer?
- We accept cash, checks, all major credit and debit cards, gift certificates and we also have financing options. We have a secure payment portal on our website for convenient payments.
Do you offer financing?
- Yes, we do! We offer 12-month financing and are happy to provide more details in our store.
Do you have any customer testimonials I can read?
- We would love for you to review our client feedback! Please visit our Google Reviews and Facebook Reviews to see what our clients are saying.
How do you select which brands to partner with?
- Our nearly three decades in business has provided us the opportunity to experience many brands across all of our product categories. When we layer on our involvement with other leading dealers across the country through the Home Technology Specialists of American (HTSA), we are plugged into a network of professionals who just about seen and done it all. We are always at the forefront of emerging technologies in entertainment, smart home and networking, so you can be confident we’ve done our homework and will find the right products to meet your goals, needs and budget.
Can you ship my order to me?
- We can ship some items, depending on your location and the brand. Please connect with us to find out if we can ship the items you’re shopping for.
Can I pick up my order curbside?
- We welcome curbside pickup orders. Please call ahead to make your purchase and we are happy to load your car curbside for contactless and hassle-free pickup.
DESIGN & BUILD
What does working with Paulson’s look like?
- While every project is different, you can click here to view our standard project flow.
Can you work with our builder?
- We love working with builders, remodelers, and other skilled trades to help you build the home of your dreams with all of the modern functionality and fun you want. If you’re building or remodeling, we’d love an introduction to your contractors and will work side by side with them to realize your vision.
Do you work with interior designers?
- We frequently work with interior designers to integrate entertainment and technology into your space in a way that is not only functional, but beautiful. If you’re redecorating or setting up a new space, we’d love an introduction to your designer and will work side by side with them to realize your vision.
Do you offer in-home/onsite consultations?
- Our sales and design professionals are happy to meet with you onsite to discuss and map out your project, then provide a quote for your consideration.
Do you offer trade-in or trade-up options?
- Some of our brands have specific programs and we are always happy to share the current ones with you. Subscribing to our email list is a great way to stay informed of these programs.
What is your return policy?
We want you to love what you’ve bought from Paulson’s, so we offer a 30-day exchange policy on most everything we offer. This does not apply to final sale, custom items or special orders.
If you have a question regarding your account or a payment that you have made, please contact us at 248-553-4100. Paulson’s Audio & Video reserves the right to modify this Refund Policy at its discretion. Any such revision or change will be binding and effective immediately after posting of the revised Refund Policy on the Paulson’s Audio & Video website.
Still have questions about our refund policy? Please reach out to us.
Address: 31670 W. 12 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48331
REPAIRS & SERVICE
Do you provide service on the items you sell?
- We have a dedicated service department to provide service and support on your Paulson’s purchases.
Do you service old equipment?
- We do some service and repairs on older equipment in house, and also work with a great local shop for the tougher jobs.
What happens when new technology comes out? Will I need to buy all new equipment?
- Most of the time, no. Our industry knowledge and experience helps us build a system for you that is “future proof” in most cases, meaning it will last you for many years and work well. Some of the brands we carry may require software updates or small modular replacements like a circuit board over time, but we are proud to build and support a system for you that you will enjoy for years to come.